DevOps Engineer in AWS EKS
Archipelago helps fast-growing startups extend their teams by hiring the best talent irrespective of location.
We are hiring for multiple roles at some of the hottest startups, giving you an opportunity to do cutting edge work and earn competitive salaries while working remotely from home.
We are looking for world-class talent to join a crack team of engineers, product managers and designers. We want people who are passionate about creating software that makes a difference to the world. We like people who are brimming with ideas and who take initiative rather than wait to be told what to do. We prize team-first mentality, personal responsibility and tenacity to solve hard problems and meet deadlines. As part of a small and lean team, you will have a very direct impact on the success of the company.
As a DevOps engineer you will:
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Planning out projects and being involved in project management decision
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role.
- Deep understanding of DevOps, including best practices & processes.
- Proficient with git and git workflows.
- Extensive hands-on experience with programming in any modern language.
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals, excellent problem-solving skills and a strong understanding of distributed computing principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field from a top university.
- Able to work within the GMT+8 time zone
What we offer
- An exciting and passionate working environment within a young and fast–growing company
- The opportunity to work with a high performing team
- A competitive salary package
- The ability to work from anywhere in the world (assuming a stable internet connection)
- The chance of being a fundamental part of the team and make a difference
What will the process look like?
- Application: you will submit an online application form, which will take you less than 10 mins to complete
- Test: you will take a 45 min online test
- Interview: there will be 2 rounds of interviews